Not dead, just busy with one thing and another....
- Woke up at 0301 this morning, according to the alarm clock. Ambled down the hall. On my return, the clock said 0303, and yet the alarm light (set for 0400, give or take inaccuracies in both timepieces) was on. Eh? Ah: the clock's DST light was off. Apparently some little varmint had stood on the clock and pressed the dinky button.
- Yesterday's big activity was a getting-in-shape hike with the offspring. Out at Portola Redwoods State Park, because it's cooler over there, and there are hills, and we could start at the bottom of the hills and slog up. We did a smallish scenic loop around the developed area, then headed up the Coyote Ridge Trail with the intent of returning via the Tarwater Trail. I ran out of steam most of the way up, turned around, and took the shortest route back. Ended up being around seven and a half miles, and an abundance of exercise. And, clearly, I'm out of shape when it comes to hills. Oh, and it was hot, and humid, and we got rained on a little.
- It seems that I've been overdoing the low-carb diet. Point 1: I was pretty much useless Saturday, with symptoms that turned out to be alleviated by rest and food. Point 2: I noticed yesterday that I'd been misreading the scale, and in fact I've lost about six pounds, not about three, in the last week and a half (the target having been 5-10 pounds by late August).
- Someone of my acquaintance has been dealing with the state health-care-payment bureaucracy, which has somehow gotten the idea that she's two people with slightly different names and the same Social Security number.
- I'm not even going to go into the bizarre dream I vaguely remember from Wednesday night.
Ah, well. Monday morning! A fresh new week! Gotta get some more work done on the current toaster project (having finally finished repurposing an old controller board into a nifty piece of custom test equipment, standing in for a bog-standard bench instrument that doesn't actually seem to exist), and take the kid for a modest-sized* hike someplace shady, and run some errands.
* A curious expression, that. Modest-sized? How big was Mussorgsky?